About The Organization
Tripura Science, Technology and Environment
The Department is housed in the Vigyan, Prajukti O Parivesh Bhavan, located at Pt. Nehru Complex at Gurkhabasti,Agartala, PIN-799006. The Department executes & implements umpteen Programmes for promotion of Science & Technology, Science Communication, Societal Applications of Technologies, Remote Sensing & GIS, Ecology & Environment, Climate Change, Biotechnology through its administrative set up and the following organizations.
- Directorate of Bio-Technology (DBT) established in 2002.
- Tripura State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) established in 1988.
- Tripura State Council for Science & Technology (TSCST) established in 1984.
- Tripura Bio-Technology Council (TBC) established in 2006.
- Sukanta Academy for Science, Arts & Culture inaugurated in 1997.
- Tripura Space Application Centre (TSAC) declared as State Nodal Agency in 2006 for application of GIS and Remote Sensing as decision support system of the Government.
- Tripura Climate Change Cell established in the year 2014 under The Department of Science, Technology & Environment, Government of Tripura for implementation of Climate Change Activities in the State.
The Department has four district level offices in each of the 4 districts of Tripura. These offices are the convergence points for the activities and execution of programmes of the Department and its constituent autonomous bodies.